To support, maintain and monitor the core server infrastructure and associated services in the client enterprise environment.
- Implement all services and solutions relating to the Core server infrastructure and Directory services.
- Maintain Core Server environments with Virtualisation operational processes and procedures
- Coordinate and collaborate with technical services team members to ensure availability, integrity and reliability of server services
- Serve as a cornerstone for escalating server issues; provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Maintain and monitor core IT infrastructure services
- Implement and test the Core server and related services infrastructure network technology, provide for testing of critical patches and antivirus tools for approval to release prior to implementation
- Implement procedures and standards for Directory integrated systems, Servers and related services.
System performance Server Performance Management knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, 802.1x, and DHCP protocols; knowledge of Windows and Linux Servers, Server Operations Server applications, etc.; knowledge of both physical and virtualized servers, especially Hyper-V; Understanding of the government regulations Understanding of: Hardware and software support for client system/solutions, Server & Storage related technologies
Qualification & Experience:
- NQF (level 5) Information Technology qualification\ Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or A+, N+, S+, and MCSA certified.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience as a Server Administrator in the provisioning, support and maintenance and support of all Server related Infrastructure such as Enterprise Directory Services, virtualization and server infrastructure technology stack. Experience in working with in the ITIL Framework for Incident, Problem, Change, or Service Experience in the design, planning, implementation of an Enterprise Server solutions and services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A