The Field Service personnel, Point Of Care Co-ordinator is responsible for fulfilling the function of basic fault finding and problem solving of medical equipment, ancillary devices and other elements of Point of Care solutions under general control of the Service Manager as well as coordination of medical equipment functions and documentation
- Keep a comprehensive overview of future and existing products with regards the technical information, updates, retrofits, software and maintenance.
- Manage and develop positive customer relationships.
- Compliance with all regulatory, company required documentation and service work orders.
- Conduct training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives.
- Demonstrate professional behavior with all stakeholders.
- Follows expense guidelines and company compliance policies.
- Administer invoices, orders, received goods, repairs, RMA’s and retrofits.
- Continuous update and register in mandatory records/systems.
- Review solutions with customers, discuss needs and ensures a safe operating environment.
- Act as local on-site representative to customer’s organization.
- Follows logical troubleshooting procedures and diagnoses of problems in a timely matter.
- Participate in all Quality review meetings
- Remain updated on the most recent documentation and have adequate access to necessary systems.
- Cross covers other regions as necessary.
- Maintain field parts inventory, testing devices and tools. Maintain clean and safe working environment at the customer site and in the company.
- Must have basic knowledge of IoT, networks, IT and Cyber Security.
- Commercial mindset that understands how the business functions, what customer wants, and what problems there are in the industry.
- Basic knowledge of networks, connectivity, cyber security and overall IT topology.
- Proficient with analyzer network/connectivity setup and support directly to LIS/HIS systems.
- A passion for electromechanical and/or biologic products and processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Valid driver’s license and PDP.
- One year Field Service Engineer or related experience – medical field preferred.
- Technical, Healthcare Education or similar higher education.
- Preferably 2-3 years.
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification.
- Vitro diagnostic, Allied Health, clinical engineering, electronics diploma or other regulated medical solutions industry qualification) will be advantageous.
- IT related qualification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A