Website Lancet Laboratories
Collects blood and other specimens for clinical analysis, evaluation and/ or diagnostic purposes
- Assists pathologists with special procedures (e.g. bone marrows, fine needle aspirates, sweat tests, pap smears, etc.) when required and in compliance with relevant working instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Reports incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solution, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits
- Uses knowledge of HIV and AIDS to provide pre-test information and support where relevant.
- Receiving cash from patients and ensuring banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Monitors stock levels of all collection materials, including venesection ³bleeding´bags, and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times.
- Interpersonal skills
- Deadline orientated
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Attention To Detail
- Administrative skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 0-2 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA/ SANC
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ekurhuleni, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A