Website eThekwini Municipality
To provide strategic leadership and direction in order to account for the municipal service delivery, income and expenditure, assets and other obligations as prescribed by legislation and the Municipal Council Policies to ensure an economically viable, and accountable administration.
- Settlements, Infrastructure, Community and Emergency Services functions. Oversee Local Economic Development strategies.
- Ensure the Municipal Financial Viability, Management and Good Governance
- Directs the development, implementation, and governance of fi nancial
- Processes and Structures in compliance with legislation.
- Responsible for the strategic management of Procurement Systems, Business
- Development and implementation of the City Strategy to ensure an effective and effi cient Human Capital Administration.
- Management of Service Delivery plans and Goals for the Provision of Human
- Ensure the development and implementation of Performance Management
- A recognised three- year bachelor’s degree in, Public Administration/ Political
- Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Law or equivalent
- 8 years’ relevant experience at a management level of which at least 5 years
- must be at a senior management level.
- COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Proven Strategic Direction and Leaderships skills.
- Proven People Management skills.
- Proven Program and Project Management skills.
- Proven Financial management skills.
Company: eThekwini Municipality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A