Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
The incumbent will work closely with the St John’s Marketing and Communications Office to develop professional and compelling communications for Old Johannians, including content for the website and social media platforms and school and OJ newsletters and other publications. They will also be responsible for one-on-one communication – digitally, telephonically and in person – with Old Johannians contacting or visiting the school.
- Liaise with regional and international OJA representatives to build relationships, coordinate reunions and events and communicate effectively, keeping them up to date on school and OJ matters of interest
- Work with Marketing and Communications Office on generating content of interest, including a termly OJ newsletter; content for The Johannian, obituaries, reunions, events, etc.
- Work with the Advancement Office’s Development Administration and Database Officer to update the database and effectively communicate matters of interest to Old Johannians, including invitations to Old Johannian and school events, school news, OJ news and other publications.
- Work with the Advancement Office and Marketing and Comms Office to coordinate OJ events (e.g. OJ Dinner; Abel Morison Golf Tournament,
- Eminent Speaker Breakfasts, etc.), or OJ participation in school events (e.g. Gaudy Day, Easter Rugby Festival, Remembrance Day, etc.)
- Arrange visits to the school at OJ’s request, meet and greet and give tours of school.
- Work with Advancement to assist with fundraising initiatives that include OJs.
- Social Media and Website: work with Marketing and Communications Office to develop and post compelling content on the OJA social media channels and website
- Must have covid-19 vaccination certificate
- Flexibility to work early or late and on weekends on occasion.
- Self-motivated and flexible approach
- A willingness to work within the ethos of the school.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Degree preferable (a business administration or marketing qualification would be desirable but not essential)
- Excellent MS Word and Excel, Google Drive, Calendar and Gmail skills
- Ability to engage diplomatically and politely with a wide range of people from different backgrounds
- Events management or project management experience preferable
- Design software/ website development/ database experience would be an advantage
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houghton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A