Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
As a Salary Accounts Officer, you are responsible for accurately accounting for, reconciling and preparing salary-related accounts. The role participates in various aspects of the end-to-end salary accounts cycle at various times, including but not limited to reconciling salary related general ledger accounts, processing payroll payments to relevant third parties, as well as identifying, resolving and escalating discrepancies accordingly. The team will look to you for the accuracy and completeness of salary-related accounts. Reporting to the Group Salary Accounts Manager, the role is also accountable for participating in the required support activities as defined by the Group Salary Accounts Manager relating to any aspect of the salary process.
- Process payroll payments to relevant third parties timeously. Assist with third party queries relating to payroll payments.
- Identify and communicate discrepancies to payroll for corrective action.
- Follow up and resolve any issues with payroll, the Group Salary Accounts Manager, or when required, other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly duties and deadlines are met consistently.
- Perform various aspects of the end-to-end salary accounts cycle at various times, including but not limited to: reconciling salary related general ledger accounts, processing payroll payments to relevant third parties, as well as identifying, resolving and escalating discrepancies accordingly.
- Ensure that the correct payroll deductions on SAP Human Resources correspond to the general ledger salary accounts on SAP Finance.
- Action all requests from the Group Salary Accounts Manager relating to salary accounts.
- Respond by phone and e-mail to internal and external queries correctly, timeously and in a professional manner.
- Action all filing and/or archiving for audit purposes.
- Perform ad-hoc administrative tasks as required.
- Internet banking
- Exposure to and understanding corporate and retail orientated environments (preferred).
- Basic knowledge of reconciliation
- Accounting, debtors & creditors knowledge
- Working knowledge of the areas below (essential):
- Procedures and risks related to payment processes.
- Self-motivated and driven with strong integrity – take accountability for actions and mistakes.
Qualification & Experience:
- +1 years relevant experience in an accounts officer, financial, administrative or similar role – (essential).
- Grade 12 with accounting or equivalent – (essential).
- Degree or diploma in accounting or equivalent – (preferred).
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brackenfell, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A