Sappi Forests requires a Projects Manager to manage timber supply agreements with external suppliers including individual timber growers, community property associations, co-operatives and trusts in order to develop and enhance sustainable forestry enterprises for the supply of wood fibre into Sappi markets.
- Maintain and enhance Sappi’s public image, form cordial relations and establish synergies with all stakeholders to increase Sappi’s timber footprint
- Ensure compliance to established company standards “RMS/OHSAct” and rules by educating; infield audits and counselling subordinates to maintain the accountability and professional discipline
- Manage all timber supply contracts with timber suppliers viz forestry enterprise development agreements FEDA and Khulisa agreements in line with the entailed contractual terms to ensure sustainable timber supply into various Sappi markets; and economic and skills growth to timber suppliers.
- Develop, coordinate and monitor timber deliveries against the sales plan for the area based on available timber volumes on the APO and active Spot timber contracts to meet market demand ensure rateable and sustainable timber deliveries into Sappi timber markets and improve suppliers’ profit margins.
- Develop supplier technical and economic independence, get suppliers actively involved in the running of their affairs and encourage a saving attitude to ensure continuity and release Sappi staff to other potential areas of need and opportunity
- Establish an accurate base rate for payment of harvesting and transport contractors through engagement with relevant key role players to establish a fair rate and mutual inclusive growth
- Ensure knowledge transfer to supplier/contractors and support the development of local enterprises and suppliers, identify potential and engage in the training to ensure effective development and sustainable growth of the rural economy.
- Maintain supplier loyalty through regularly planned site visitations, give technical advice; counsel and keep suppliers informed of industry/organisational changes competition activity
- Manage loan movement by monitoring delivery against APO in line with budget plans, silviculture is an advanced function and harvesting is a recovery function
- At least 8 years’ experience in timber procurement and/or forestry management.
- A Logistics and/or Transport Management qualification will be advantageous.
- National Diploma in Forestry or related qualification
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glenthorpe Forest, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A