Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Nursing Assistant to assist with the maintenance of a healthy workforce, establish support functions that aim to improve employee safety and productivity, and to implement systems that ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Conduct Audiometry, vision and lung function testing and ensure daily calibration of spirometer and audiometer (after certification and training).
- Accurate record keeping and reporting of consultations in medical records through electronic data management for legal and statistical requirements in accordance confidentiality clause
- Educate regarding chronic and acute treatment, the correct intake of their medication, diet, partner disclosure and holistic health management
- Conduct plant visits and inspections to ensure cleanliness and to identify certain basic health risks
- Assist with medical waste care management
- Schedule medical examinations, take patient history prior to medical examination and conduct basic observations including blood pressure, pulse, weight, urine, and height to assist in completion of medical examinations
- Assist with wound care
- Participate in relevant committee structures. e.g., Health and Safety, EWB peer educators and visit departments/sections to discuss health-related issues.
- Monitor and assist substance abusers and assist with the follow up
- Assist with appointments and referrals to external service providers as per standard operating procedures.
- Conduct HCT counselling and testing
- Registration with South African Nursing council or the Health Professionals council
- First aid level 1
- General Nursing Assistant qualification/ Basic Ambulance Assistant qualification
- 1 Year experience in a clinical environment or similar
- Certificate in Audiometry and Spirometry
- Health Care initiated Testing (HCT) certificate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ngodwana, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A