The Enrolled Nurse is responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients and will function under the direct and/or indirect supervision of the Registered Nurse. The incumbent is held accountable for his/her own acts and omissions. Nursing activities form part of a nursing regime that is planned and initiated by the Registered Nurse.The Enrolled Nurse will be responsible for the assessment, care and meeting of patient needs and will also be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate programmes of care to ensuring high quality patient care.
- Ensure that all documentation is maintained timeously and accurately, reflecting patient care.
- Ensure all stock is charged appropriately.
- A Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards.
- Assist with file compilation.
- Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles.
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act.
- Report potential/actual risks identified.
- Ensure all stock is well controlled.
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment.
- Report equipment needing repair or replacement to sister-in-charge.
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Relevant experience in the nursing discipline would be an advantage
Qualification & Experience:
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse or equivalent NQF 3 qualification.
- A grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification.
- Compliance with the SANC code for an Enrolled Nurse and all applicable health care legislation.
- Appropriate qualifications for specialist areas.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, Sandton, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A