The Pharmacist will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team.The incumbent will also assume responsibility for meeting patients’ needs in a responsible, satisfactory andcost-effective manner.
- Dispense prescriptions (hospital and retail)
- Ensure maximum safety of patients by providing advice on the appropriate selection, dosage and drug interaction, potential side effects and therapeutic effects of medicines
- Prepare, issue and control all oncology drugs according to Pharmacy policies and procedures
- Act as custodian for the management of Schedule 5 & 6 drugs as per legal requirements
- Record prescriptions as per legislative requirements
- Assist and offer advice on the usage, side effects, contra-indications, drug interaction and proper storage ofmedication to patients and other members of the healthcare team
- Advise and provide information regarding general health matters, including the effective use of medicines,treatment for general diseases, primary health care, screening services, essential medication, mother and child healthcare services, family planning and immunisation
- Supervise and control the acquisition, storage, dispensing, handling and packaging of medicines to ensure safety, efficacy and quality thereof
- Assist with all aspects of ethical stock control including re-ordering of stock, maintaining dedicated stock areas for organisation and expiry dates
- Conduct cyclical and full stock takes
- A relevant pharmaceutical qualification (B.Pharm. Degree or Dip.Pharm) or equivalent NQF 7 qualification.
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced computer literacy
- Work experience in a Hospital or Retail Pharmacy environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng ,Benoni, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A