Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Ensure the clinic comply with Infection Prevention and control as well as
- Maintain a constructive working relationship with nursing and other stakeholders. Ensuring clinical interventions to the Clients including prescribing medications and doing ongoing observation to patients in the clinic.
- Ensure the clinic attains, maintains and escalates to the highest ideal Clinic status and complies with the National Core standards.
- Co„ordination of services within the institution and other services related to community health (NGO’s, CBO’S, CHW’S, and OSS).
- Execute duties and functions with proficiency and perform duties according to scope of practice.
- Implement standards, practices criteria for quality nursing.
- Provide direct and indirect supervision of all nursing staff and give to guidance. Display a concern for patients, promoting and advocating proper treatment and care including willingness to respond to patient’s needs and expectations according to Batho Pele Principles.
- Occupational Health and Safety policies
- Good insight of procedures and policies pertaining to nursing care. Ability to assist in formulation of patient care related policies.
- Team building and supervisory skills.
- Good listening and communication skills Co-ordination and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal relations skill.
- Knowledge of all applicable legislations such as nursing acts, mental act, OH&S act, BATHO PELE principles and patients right charter, labour relations act, grievance procedures etc.
- Leadership, organizational, decision making and problem solving, conflict handling and counselling.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years appropriate/ recognizable nursing experience as a General Nurse.
- A minimum of 14 years appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a professional nurse with SANC in General Nursing and Midwifery of which 10 years must be appropriate/recognizable experience after obtaining the 1 year post basic qualification in Primary Health Care.
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mpophomeni, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A