Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to implement health promotion plans in the district. • Facilitate implementation of Health Promotion Programmes at community level
- Collaborate with stakeholders on the attainment of targeted district health outcomes
- Plan, organize and conduct community awareness and events to convey health messages and practices which support healthy lifestyle programme strategies.
- Oversee the implementation of youth zones in all the facilities within Ugu district
- Ensuring the implementation of the priority programme project to attain positive health outcomes
- Co-ordinate the vaccination programme (HPV, TD and Deworming) in schools and ECDs
- Participate in the ideal clinic and ideal hospital realisation and maintenance project in the district by monitoring adolescent and youth involvement and empowerment.
- Co-ordinate the Oral Health Programme in the District
- Ensure implementation of educational drives, campaigns and advocacy initiatives to effectively and efficiently communicate the need to change unhealthy lifestyle/maintain healthy lifestyle to the community and target groups
- Co-ordinate the Adolescent Youth Health Programme in the District
- Financial management skills
- Empathy and counselling skills
- Project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate transformation
- Ability to make independent decisions
- An understanding of the challenges facing the public health sector
- Report writing abilities
Qualification & Experience:
- Current registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse and Midwifery. SANC Receipt for 2022.
- A minimum of 7 years appropriate or recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing and Midwifery.
- Proof of current and previous work experience endorsed and stamped by Human Resource (Certificate of service and service record) must be attached
- Diploma / Degree in General Nursing and Midwifery.
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Shepstone, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A