As a Mid-Level Software Engineer (Python) you will help to develop, implement, support and maintain scalable services in a heterogeneous environment. You are self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Apply and foster best software development life cycle practices bringing speed and quality to your team
- Develop, enhance and maintain backend systems in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, with an emphasis on Python
- Work closely with other engineers, professional services team and product managers to design the software solutions with a focus on reliability, performance and usability
- Build systems to scale with our growth of business, leveraging new technologies and AWS Cloud services
- Experience in developing backend systems in a Micro Service architecture.o your team
- Thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- Passion for learning new skills and appreciation to invent and simplify.
- Experience with REST, Python and Linux.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with NoSQL, Couchbase, Dynamo, Elastic
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree or equivalent of 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience using GIT version control
- Experience with specific AWS Cloud technologies (EC2, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, Lambdas, CloudWatch)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A