Website Standard Bank
To investigate and detect illegal, fraudulent or improper activities by monitoring accounts for fraud, analysing trends, reporting on security threats and resolving fraud cases in order to mitigate risk of financial loss for Standard Bank Group (SBG).
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and optimisation and make recommendations to optimise any system and capabilities used.
- Stay abreast of customer conduct on an account by reading bank statements, verifying the income and expenditure and reading and interpretation of scorecards or risk matrix where applicable to ensure holistic solutions are provided to the customer.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions by ensuring self-development through compliance courses and trainings in order to mitigate risk to the Bank.
- Resolve all matters with urgency and accuracy while adhering to set processes, procedures and regulatory requirements without exceeding the constantly reviewed business defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in order to minimise any risk of breach in contractual agreements.
- Report all identified matters, defects, deficiencies and risks to all relevant internal and external bodies, persons or entities in line with regulatory and legislative reporting requirements in order to adhere to laid down escalation processes.
- Determine customer requirements by engaging with the customers using relevant communication mediums (e.g. email, SMS) in order to deliver a consistent service suitable to meet the needs of the customer in line with the laid down communication procedures.
- Update relevant systems with history notes by inputting mandatory data, case information and history notes into the relevant databases to enable the use of the information by the relevant stakeholders/entities for decision making.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 – 4 years Experience in an investigative role in fraud or similar environment. Comprehensive knowledge of transactional systems, processes and procedures in the industry.
- Ability to analyse situations and issues, identify options, draw logical conclusions and sound inferences, determine and recommend practical sources of action utilising good judgment and strategic thinking.
- Diploma in Risk Management
Company: Standard Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A