Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
Wembley College is a leading, English Medium, co-educational, independent school situated on a beautiful campus amongst the rolling hills of Greytown in the KwaZulu Natal Midlands. An hour from Pietermaritzburg and an hour from Ballito makes for an ideal ‘country school’ within easy striking distance of a Central Business District and the warm KwaZulu Natal coast. Founded in 1997, the school enters candidates for the Cambridge Examinations that are set externally and recognised world-wide.
- A commitment to ongoing personal development and a future-orientated approach.
- Experience in teaching the Cambridge mathematics syllabus is preferable.
- Have teaching experience in mathematics (HS Phase).
- The candidate must be able to identify with and support the values of Wembley College.
- Put the scholars at the heart of everything they do with an energetic and inspirational approach to learning.
- The candidate must be qualified to teach mathematics in HS and have a PGCE.
- Be computer literate.
- Have the ability to drive developments in our curriculum.
- Have boundless enthusiasm and the ability to form warm and caring relationships with the scholars;
- Have a clear understanding and acceptance of Independent School practice.
- Be a creative thinker.
- Share our vision of transforming learning to raise aspiration, secure an enjoyment and love of learning and develop a sense of pride in all that we do.
- Have a desire to participate fully in the social, cultural and extra mural programme;
- Be able to develop effective partnerships with staff, governors, parents and the wider community in order to drive change and shape the future.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- The intention to work according to the school’s ethos, specifications and policies.
- A willingness to work with and mentor interns.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greytown, KwaZulu Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A