Website eThekwini Municipality
To co-ordinate and control all facets of security functions optimally in the Durban Central area to the benefit / safety of all parties concerned.
- Ensures the safety and maintenance of departmental assets and safety of all officials partaking in shooting exercises at the shooting range and members of the public in the immediate vicinity.
- Performs emergency standby duties and deputises for the Security Officer when required.
- Ensures the protection of Council Buildings, installations, property, employees at their places of duty and members of the public on Council premises/property.
- Manages, supervises and develops the performance and conduct of subordinate security personnel.
- Underatkes specific escort security functions.
- Compiles and timeously submits various administrative returns and documentation required of the Division, where necessary.
- Liaises with and assists appropriate internal or external departments, individuals, agencies etc. on matters or issues pertaining to security functions.
- Ensures each shift performs its duties in accordance with established procedures and standing operating procedures and that the required operational discipline is maintained.
- Ensures that adequate access, egress and loss control measures are exercised and maintained within each area of responsibility.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant 3 year tertiary qualification.
- Valid basic First Aid Certificate.
- Proficiency in the handling and use of firearms in terms of the Firearms Control Act.
- Valid motor vehicle driving license.
- 4 Years relevant experience.
- Computer Literacy.
Company: eThekwini Municipality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A