Website Department of Environmental Affairs
- Oversee the implementation of Environmental Programmes portfolio.
- Ensure capacity and contractor development for Environmental Programmes.
- Ensure that operational planning and implementation is responsive to the district development model and local government priorities.
- Oversee contract administration and project management in line with applicable practices/legislation.
- Manage the Environmental Programmes projects within the provinces
- Ensure alignment of programmes and projects with the Departmental strategy, policy, and priorities.
- Ensure operational efficiencies for Environmental Programmes.
- Provide overall leadership by ensuring the strategic management and co-ordination as well as the successful functioning of the Chief Directorate.
- Extensive experience in Environmental Programmes. Extensive experience in Programme and Project Management.
- Knowledge of policy development and business process management.
- Five (5) years of experience at a senior managerial level within the relevant field.
- Programme and Project Management skills.
- Sound organising, planning and excellent communication skills, analytical, innovative, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- A Project Management qualification will be an added advantage.
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Proof of completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry Programme as endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG).
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours.
- Strategic capability and leadership; people management and empowerment.
- Understanding of risk management and audit procedures.
Company: Department of Environmental Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A