Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Distribution Centre in Midrand has an opportunity available for an Outbound Supervisor to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centre incorporating functions in necessary areas, ensuring that both legal and customer requirements are met. As a Supervisor, you will learn managerial and technical skills that are in alignment with the company’s mission, its retailing philosophies and its operational strategies.
- Involved with implementation and optimization of new projects related to improving the efficiency of operations as instructed by Management.
- Ensure that all stock is received and packed away and accurately maintained on the system.
- Collaborate with Distribution Centre employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met.
- Analyse and interpret any shrinkage indicators and act accordingly.
- Ensure that resources and queues are monitored and optimised as per operational requirements.
- Ensure that stock is packed in the correct size boxes/ totes and is correctly sealed and labelled.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and in safe operating conditions.
- Ensure that picking/ replenishment stats are monitored to ensure that productivity and accuracy targets are met.
- Ensure that checking staff maintains a high standard of accuracy during the checking process.
- Demonstrate thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations
- Have knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role.
- Trustworthy and Honest
- English –Read, write and speak
- Knowledge of Management Systems, Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, Emergency process, Public Safety and Security, Customer Service, Transportation Principles and Methods, Production and Processing, Material Handling Standards, Administration and Management, Supply Chain and Personnel and Human Resources Management
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 / Matric
- 1 Years relevant experience, in a Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A