Website Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Procurement Practitioner in the Strategic Procurement portfolio. The incumbent will be responsible for purchasing goods and services for the CSIR within the allowed governance framework, business, and legislative requirements. The position is based in Pretoria.
- Check requisitions for adherence to processes, accuracy and completeness;
- Consistently identify new technically compliant, transformed, and competitive suppliers of goods and services required to deliver on the CSIR’s procurement requirements;
- Expedite orders to ensure timely delivery and excellent service to all clients;
- Create cost savings opportunities and ensure the CSIR’s improvement in preferential procurement on a year on year basis;
- Provide relevant procurement information, assess, and implement automated and streamlined actions to improve service delivery to the organisation;
- Manage all standard RFP and RFQ transactions above R30k (VAT inclusive);
- Continuously follow up on all quotations, ensure competitiveness and compliance of all quotes before forwarding to clients;
reate purchase requisitions daily with accuracy, manage and timeously respond to all standard inquiries;
- Ensure that suppliers required to deliver goods and services are appropriately registered;
- Maintain relationships with suppliers to monitor adherence to service level agreements and manage transactional aspects of specific supplier contracts / agreements;
- Manage procurement activities throughout the purchasing and supply chain including procurement activities resulting from CSIR client contracts and CSIR tender proposals;
- Measure supplier performance and evaluations, update and keep all procurement records;
- Thorough understanding of the business processes;
- Self-management and assertiveness skills;
- E-procurement knowledge, sourcing and buying skills;
- Problem solving, negotiation and communication skills;
- Teamwork, flexibility, and adaptability skills;
- A National Diploma in supply chain management or equivalent qualification with at least five years’ experience in a supply chain / procurement management environment;
- Working experience in managing laboratory equipment, consumables, chemicals, and other laboratory supplies tenders.
- Financial knowledge and numerical skills;
- Good understanding of designated sector procurement;
- Good understanding of public sector procurement.
- Customer service and quality orientation.
- Good understanding and experience of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO);
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet demanding deadlines;
Company: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A