Website Clicks Group
Are you passionate about retail and service excellence? Are you confident to drive sales and build customer loyalty in order to ensure a competitive advantage for the brand? An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for an Assistant Store Manager. The successful individual will report to the Store Manager.
- To attend to all administrative responsibilities in an efficient manner, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR.
- To execute customer service initiatives in store that results in a great customer experience, drives customer loyalty and achieves club card participation targets.
- To efficiently execute all operational activities of the store, including expenses, stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration.
- To successfully execute in-store visual merchandising, ensuring the in-store presentation and promotional standards are met and that the appearance of the store is in line with the brand image.
- To assist the Store Manager in maintaining the work schedule on a daily basis in line with the Group’s labour policy and the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed.
- To ensure the achievement of the stores financial performance by driving and maximising sales through the execution of promotional activities and driving cross-selling, up-selling initiatives and superior customer service across the store team.
- To support the Store Manager in ensuring staff are motivated and directed to achieve their targets and performance goals and effectively managed in the absence of the store manager.
- Planning and Organising
- Working with people
- Strong customer orientation
- Planning and organising skills
- Numeracy skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Following instructions and procedures
- Essential Competencies
- Good communication skills
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Results and target driven
Qualification & Experience:
- Essential: Relevant Retail/Business Management qualification (External applicants)
- Desirable: Degree in Relevant Retail/Business Management
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an assistant store management role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment or successful completion the Clicks Trainee Store Management Programme
- Essential: Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
Company: Clicks Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A