Website Clicks Group
To support the Store Manager in ensuring the efficient operation of the store and service excellence by driving sales and building customer loyalty in order to meet sales, profit and compliance targets, leading to a competitive advantage for the brand.
- To facilitate the brand being the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
- To successfully execute in-store visual merchandising, ensuring the in-store presentation and promotional standards are met and that the appearance of the store is in line with the brand image.
- To ensure the achievement of the stores financial performance by driving and maximising sales through the execution of promotional activities and driving cross-selling, up-selling initiatives and superior customer service across the store team.
- To attend to all administrative responsibilities in an efficient manner, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR.
- To support the Store Manager in ensuring staff are motivated and directed to achieve their targets and performance goals and effectively managed in the absence of the store manager.
- To execute customer service initiatives in store that results in a great customer experience, drives customer loyalty and achieves club card participation targets.
- To efficiently execute all operational activities of the store, including expenses, stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration.
- To assist the Store Manager in maintaining the work schedule on a daily basis in line with the Group’s labour policy and the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed.
- Results and target driven
- Understanding and application of financial management principles
- Numeracy skills
- Knowledge of people management
- Retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
- Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
- Knowledge of customer service excellence
- Planning and organising skills
- Knowledge of competency based interviewing
Qualification & Experience:
- Essential: Relevant Retail/Business Management qualification (External applicants)
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
- Desirable: Degree in Relevant Retail/Business Management
- Essential: Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an assistant store management role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment or successful
- completion the Clicks Trainee Store Management Programme
Company: Clicks Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A