Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To Conduct standard audits or verification on a risk profile basis related to Excise duty and levies to ensure compliance.
- Educate new registrants and licensees to promote compliance and providing a room to those willing to comply.
- To ensure all activities to the production, storage & distribution is correctly declared thus ensuring that correct revenue due is collected.
- To reduce level of non-compliance due to false exports, incorrect declaration of production & misuse of incentive schemes.
- Ensure revenue is protected and correctly accounted for by ensuring all Excise documents are validated and reconciled.
- To plan and execute audits (desk & field) of Excisable products; Diesel refunds on risk basis to ensure compliance.
- Plan and conduct Audits with specific reference to confirm existence of client premises observe and understand production processes.
- Compile and submit compliance audit findings
- Protect local industries that could be affected by the illicit market which will result in low revenue collection due to Fiscus.
- Ensure that are traders/licences/registrant participating in eligible Excise duties and levies are registered/licenced.
- Facilitate client education with regards to legislation.
- Conduct end-to-end query resolution relating to audits conducted, including finalisation of objections and appeals.
- Inspection Skills
- Tariff BASIC
- Efficiency improvement
- Financial Accounting
- Business Knowledge
- Valuations BASIC
- Operational Audit
- Audit Methodology
Qualification & Experience:
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) with 6 years Tax Auditing experience
- Relevant [Auditing and Taxation] National Diploma or Advanced Certificate (NQF6) and 2-3 years’ experience in a similar [Tax Auditing] environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
- Matric with 6 years tax auditing experience.
- With a relevant qualification [Auditing and Taxation] 2-3 years’ experience in a similar [Tax Auditing] environment
- Must have worked in a Tax Auditing environment for a period of 2 to 3 years conducting tax audits.
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A