Website Anglo American
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
- Apply appropriate tools to complete tasks.
- Exercise judgment with regards to replacement of components.
- Perform work to the required standards and specifications.
- Support, coach and participate in the training and development of subordinates and apprentices.
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required.
- Works in a sequence that prioritizes work requirements
- Advise defects and abnormalities to appropriate supervisor or manager.
- Attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Completing job cards and description of work and spares used (PM’s).
- Attend and conduct Safety meeting.
- Ensure effective two way open communication with subordinates and line supervisor.
- Conduct and participate in Risk assessments.
- Report at risk behaviour, incidents and injuries.
- Valid driving license
- Knowledge of mining activities such as underground belts construction and pipe installation.
- Certified Competent as Boilermaker or Boilermaker Trade Certificate (section 13 or 26D)
- Minimum 2-3 years underground experience as Boilermaker.
- Advantageous: CO2 welding machine and plasma cutters knowledge.
- Competent B certificate
- Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burgersfort, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A