Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
- Review designs, drawings, and reports from consultants
- General discipline support to Section Managers, Specialist Engineers, etc.
- Development and improvement of Civil & Structural engineering standards,
- Engineering governance on projects and application of standards.
- Provide support, governance and advice on Operation and Capital Projects
- Assist with compliance to Civil & Structural standards
- Assist in scouting, application, and management of new technologies.
- Management of Anglo American Standards, Self-Assessment, close gaps and coordinate the implementation.
- Experience in providing design input into projects within an EPCM environment.
- Assist in facilitation of technical audits
- Conduct engineering designs using design software and arrange drawings for execution
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in Project Management is an advantage
- Experience in SAP is an advantage
- A minimum of 4 years operational experience in design of infrastructure and structures is imperative, preferably within the mining environment
- Driver’s License
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering Degree (Civil)/equivalent or higher
- Experience in maintenance of plant and infrastructure
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Postmasburg, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A