Would you like to be part of an organization with leaders who are passionate about diversity and impacting the transformation and growth of South Africa?
Do you get excited about the opportunity to take actionable steps to make a positive impact on the employee experience for Amazonians of varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view?
Are you interested in influencing senior leaders to make measurable positive impact on diverse talent?
If these things excite you and have piqued your interest, then the Program Manager B-BBEE, South Africa, might be the right opportunity for you.
We are seeking an experienced and influential B-BBEE Program Manager to help create and execute against Amazon’s long-term B-BBEE Strategy and Annual Certification Action Plan.
This is a senior role and requires application of strategic thinking about legislation, problem solving and developing value-adding strategies that align B-BBEE objectives, the spirit of transformation and the business strategy. The successful candidate will plan, execute, and deliver work products in multiple formats including frameworks, self-service tools, in-person development activities, and specific consultations based on the organization’s needs. Just as importantly, this candidate will track and communicate results at senior leadership level.
The ability to access and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, assess risks, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, address partner concerns, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs as they implement centralized guidance around the transformation program execution is critical.
This role requires the ability to be a thought leader, to customize solutions to the Amazon South African organization and the unique Amazon culture, to educate and influence a team of passionate and engaged leaders, and the ability to translate strategies or prior practices into practical and actionable solutions.
Key job responsibilities
- Delivering the B-BBEE strategy for the business that outlines key objectives, initiatives, timeframe and related costs to the senior leadership, and Risk & Social Ethics Committee.
- Setting and achieving targets for B-BBEE scorecards
- Providing guidance to Senior Leaders and operational B-BBEE champions to craft appropriate strategies and action plans for B-BBEE
- Conducting internal mock-audits to identify and manage gaps-to-plans
- Coordinating and delivering the Annual B-BBEE Audit
- Providing support to partner teams like Diversity and Equity (DIE) and Hiring in alignment to the B-BBEE objectives for the business
- Driving B-BEEE compliance throughout the business. This includes educating B-BBEE stakeholders on relevant Codes of Good Practice, the Act and all relevant legislation, and developing required mechanisms to roll out the B-BBEE strategy for the business
- Managing internal reporting including the monthly B-BBEE scorecards and analyze the monthly B-BBEE data reports and make recommendations or initiate corrective action
- Addressing issues of non-compliance throughout the business and escalate issues of consistent non-compliance
- Anchoring Monthly and Quarterly reviews on B-BBEE.
- Conducting information sessions with the Committees to highlight major changes, concerns, strategies, action plans
About The Team
This role is part of the Middle East and Africa People Experience and Technology (PXT) team which is obsessed to make Amazon the Earth’s best employer. Our focus areas include improving our the experience of our employees, growing a more diverse and inclusive workplace, and enabling business growth by building organizational capabilities.
- At least 10 years relevant work experience with demonstrable experience in B-BBEE Consulting and in building B-BBEE strategies and mechanism for delivery of B-BBEE Programs
- Ability to apply, report, verify B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice, B-BBEE Sector Codes
- Demonstrable ability to write comprehensive reports, policy review
- Superior technical expertise in the interpretation and application of B-BBEE legislation, including all elements of the Codes of Good Practice
- Experience of working with global stakeholders
- Experience in driving and delivering people-related change management programs, earning trust with customers, managing senior stakeholders, and translating policy into action.
- Experience in community development, be detail driven, able to deliver results, and have excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to access and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, address partner and/or beneficiary concerns, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Company – Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
Job ID: A2134373