Website Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption, helping customer adopt the best solution for their needs.
Our Associate Solutions Architects are passionate technologists with a demonstrated ability to learn. They are help customers build infrastructures and applications at scale. In this role, you will partner across AWS teams to help customers craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help customers use AWS within their organizations.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will learn something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Key job responsibilities
- Build technical relationships with customers and operate as their trusted advisor.
- Work with customers to accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes.
- Create solutions that are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant.
- Architect for the immediate and future business or technical needs.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Run effective meetings both internally, and with customers while learning to build consensus.
- Advocate and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
- Share the voice of the customer to help improve AWS services over time
- Participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
A day in the life
About The Team
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: Cloud Architecture, Solutions Architecture or Infrastructure Architecture
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Passion for technology and for learning
- The ability to articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a college project or while working for a company
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Company – Amazon Web Services SA Pvt Ltd
Job ID: A2046175