To ensure the enablement and delivery of innovative technology based digital solutions in order to satisfy business and IT requirements. Operationalize world class services to ensure Woolworths business systems are operating cost effectively and efficiently. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town.
- Keep abreast of non-technical factors that have a direct bearing on technological decisions such as budget constraints and business objectives by establishing business contacts and doing appropriate fact finding to ensure delivery within Time, Scope and Budget.
- Maintain and analyze internal records of problem causes and resolutions, identify recurring problems and modify the resolution actions to prevent recurrence.
- Communicate progress, status, events, planned activities and issues to all relevant parties.
- Perform the administration of technical solutions according to the agreed plans and processes and propose continuous enhancements to these processes where applicable.
- Conduct the necessary research and development to deliver innovative solutions in line with both IT and Business strategies
- Communicate technical decisions, discoveries, practices, processes, knowledge and information.
- Test new technologies derived from approved business cases and manage implementation where appropriate, i.e. Software.
- Understand and keep abreast of the Woolworths IT technical infrastructure by using the appropriate internal sources of information
- Ensure set standards implemented and adhered in support of a healthy and stable environment
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved
- Extensive knowledge of Woolworths business systems
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat Software and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) would be an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of all mainstream IT technologies
- Thorough working knowledge of technologies used at Woolworths
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
- Ability to apply emerging technologies to business solutions
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years relevant experience (preferable experienced broadly across multiple areas of IT)
- Grade 12 and relevant degree/diploma (3 years)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A