Website Wits Health Consortium
To provide best practice data collection, clinical assessments, collection of specimens and care according to protocols and to provide pre- and post-test HIV counselling.
- Quality control CRFs and other study documents.
- Conduct physical examinations.
- Clean and sterilise all used speculum and equipment.
- Refer participants to alternative care if necessary.
- Conduct pre and post HIV test Counselling.
- Control and order STI drugs and other consumable stock (i.e., testing kits).
- Collect participant data from medical notes and complete CRFs.
- Maintain full clinical records for all participants
- Provide appropriate health education and adherence counselling where necessary.
- Screen potential participants and obtain informed consent according to SOPs.
- Draw blood from participants and send samples or specimens to laboratory.
- Administer study questionnaires / interviews.
- Perform HIV and pregnancy bedside tests
- Clinical assessments and treatment
- Compile relevant reports and feedback on all activities.
- Recruitment and screening and Inform participants about the study.
- Experience in a research environment
- Certification in good clinical practice (GCP).
- Good administrative skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Be tactful, respectful and maintain confidentiality.
- Ordered and systematic with strict compliance to protocols.
Qualification & Experience:
- A valid driver’s license.
- South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- Minimum 1 year nursing experience in post qualification.
- Diploma in General Nursing (3 years).
Company: Wits Health Consortium
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mthatha, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A