Website University of Cape Town
We invite applications for the above part-time, fixed-term position for appointment on a one-year contract. This position is funded by a University Capacity Development Programme (UCDP) Grant from the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
- Provide professional advice to the project team on teaching and learning staff development initiatives in light of the research findings.
- Conduct individual or focus group interviews with stakeholders responsible for developing teaching and learning in institutions, centres/units, faculties, programmes.
- Carry out desktop research on academic staff development centres/units and activities based in South Africa, elsewhere in Africa and more widely.
- Analyse, report on and present the results of qualitative data collection.
- Analyse, report on and present the results of this audit research to the project team and more widely.
- Demonstrated experience with research methods such as interviews, focus groups, case-studies or field studies.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in dealing with multiple levels of stakeholders, e.g. junior and senior academic staff as well as students.
- Experience in conducting and managing substantive research projects and collecting data. Proven experience with research in face-to-face, online and hybrid research platforms and environments.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting qualitative research.
- An appropriate masters (NQF level 9) qualification, preferably in a Social Sciences discipline such as Education, Psychology or Sociology.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience or familiarity with conducting Social Sciences research using quantitative methods.
- Experience in research capacity development.
- A background in higher education staff development.
- Experience of working with a diverse staff and student body.
Company: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: University of Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A