The Sanlam Retail Affluent business (SRA) is dedicated to empower South Africans in the middle- and upper-income segments to be financially confident, secure and prosperous. With deep client understanding and a focus on excellence in technology, client and intermediary experiences, SRA delivers financial solutions including comprehensive financial planning, life- and disability insurance, credit solutions, savings and investments, retirement and fiduciary services that can be accessed through various platforms.
- Assist with confirmation of intergroup/related party balances.
- Prepare, review and submit financial results of subsidiaries.
- Fulfill the role as SAP super-user and trainer to the rest of the team (training will be provided).
- Prepare investment vehicle consolidations.
- Assist with ad hoc financial tasks/projects.
- Assist with preparation and submission of regulatory returns of subsidiaries.
- Assist with the preparation of assigned notes to the annual financial statements.
- Financial controls over investment asset data.
- Assist with implementation and monitoring of financial controls.
- Complete annual financial statements for subsidiaries in accordance with accounting standards.
- Communicates effectively
- Plans and aligns
- Decision quality
- Good technical accounting knowledge.
- Analytical thinking
- Knowledge of Sanlam’s financial reporting systems (Hyperion Financial Management, SAP) will be an advantage.
- Cultivates innovation
- Concern for accuracy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Background experience within the financial services industry.
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a financial reporting environment.
- Completed articles will be a preference.
- BCom qualification with Financial Accounting as a major subject.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A