Website University of Cape Town
The Michaelis School of Fine Art is internationally recognised as one of Africa’s foremost institutions for the study of fine art. The School seeks to appoint a new member of staff who would be able to teach and research in drawing and related contemporary practices.
- Contributing to curriculum development and administration relating to teaching and research
- Developing and sustaining research at the school
- Responsible for teaching courses in all years and supervising postgraduate research
- Advanced technical and conceptual understanding of various traditional and contemporary media with a special emphasis on Drawing and the Pedagogies of Foundational Fine Art skills training.
- A PhD with an established exhibition profile of solo and group shows as well as other evidence attesting to an active research capacity and understanding of contemporary art and practice (curation / publications)
- The ability to supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects (including PhD projects) and a track record of successful supervision (graduated Post Graduate students)
- At least three years experience and advanced capabilities in teaching core creative skills as offered in the undergraduate studio programme of the school.
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A