Website Tshwane University of Technology
The Department of Industrial Engineering has a permanent position for an Associate Professor in the field of Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management at the Pretoria Campus.
- Lead quality teaching and learning with technology.
- Involvement in Departmental or individual community projects.
- Responsible for, and provide leadership in, compiling and maintaining quality study guides, laboratory guides, subject files and other Teaching and Learning material.
- Lead research activities of the department especially in the field of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management.
- Assist with new curriculum development in terms of the HEQSF.
- Presenting lectures and assessing students in Industrial Engineering subjects
- Be responsible for administrative tasks related to teaching and learning.
- Updating of the electronic base system of the Faculty like D2L-Brightspace, SharePoint and TUT4life.
- Participate in, and lead departmental, faculty and institutional initiatives in collaboration with Technology Stations, Centres, Institutes and Research Niche Areas.
- Industrial research, including accredited articles and peer-reviewed conference papers.
- Lead subject and curriculation committees.
- Ensuring that the capturing of marks is done (< 10 working days after date of evaluation)
- Registration with ECSA is highly recommended
- Industry liaison and involvement in the development of new curricula.
- Experience with regards to management of academic matters, quality of programmes, student affairs and research projects.
- An undergraduate engineering qualification in Industrial Engineering meeting the educational requirements for registering with ECSA as a
- Professional Engineer or Professional Engineering Technologist, and a Doctoral degree in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management.
- Experience in research and postgraduate supervision.
Company: Tshwane University of Technology
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A