The Data Analyst (Growth) will play a key role within the Data Science (Growth) team. Mr D Food’s Growth team is a multi-disciplinary, connected team, solving large scale problems within the acquisition, CRM (marketing automation), Data Science, Advertising and Partner Promotional Activities. In this role you will be challenged to solve complex problems across Mr D Foods Growth functions.
- Creating data visualizations and campaign performance reports.
- Analysing datasets to answer questions posed by the Growth Team.
- Monitoring and analyzing digital media and marketing trends.
- Analyzing key metrics, and identifying opportunities to increase campaign performance.
- Fetching data from internal data sources (using SQL) & preparing it for analysis (using Python & Excel).
- Developing and presenting learnings from your analyses, including actionable insights and recommendations.
- Collecting and analyzing customer, marketing, and behavioral data.
- Performing in-depth database analyses and making use of appropriate clustering and segmentation techniques to effectively segment the MrD Food customer base.
- Turning business questions into functional analyses to test theories.
- Preparing presentations for completed projects.
- Delivering accurate analysis within tight deadlines.
- Self-guided learner, self-starter, and curious and passionate about data. You immerse yourself in it and are excited to develop and enhance your marketing analytics skills.
- Ability to work on and prioritise multiple projects that will impact the business at various levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to weave a coherent, compelling narrative around the available data. Experience presenting to Senior Management.
- Ability to work independently, productively, proactively and follow through on all responsibilities to bring projects to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to translate business needs and goals into analytic approach and response
- Application of strong commercial insights in order to interpret, simulate and model customer behaviour.
Qualification & Experience:
- Practical experience using Excel, Google Sheets for data analysis.
- Analytics and or Data Science qualification advantageous.
- A strong interest in using machine learning algorithms and building predictive models ( i.e. logistic regression, linear regression, k-means clustering).
- Relevant tertiary qualification in science, engineering or commerce.
- 2 or more years work experience in an analytics or programming environment.
- Extensive experience working with the Python & SQL programming languages.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A