To lead and monitor the provision of hosting services, storage, and printing to SITA its clients by ensuring the effective management of data centers and provision of all required technical support in order to ensure and restore business continuity. Assist with deployment of customer facing hosting solutions.
- Develop and oversee the maintenance of the hosting services in order to ensure technical performance, availability and stability/sustainability;
- Oversee implementation of the redundancy hosting services and the management of technical support environment (in terms of systems software, hardware and technical support teams) to ensure recovery systems;
- Oversee implementation of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Strategies in line with SITA Head Office and Clients strategies in order to ensure alignment with the enterprise wide risk and Disaster Recovery strategy;
- Manage resources (i.e. budget/finances, asset/equipment and staff) within the Unit in order to ensure the efficient operation of Unit.
- Develop a Unit’s Operational Plan aligned to the Corporate Strategy to support SITA’s strategic objectives;
- Develop and oversee the maintenance, support and the management of technical support environment (in terms of systems software, hardware and technical support teams) to ensure services are delivered to Clients as per service level agreement (SLA);
ICT Charter. ICT Technical Environment and Landscape. Governance and Risk Management. Government’s Technical Operations. Hosting Systems Architecture. Disaster Recovery Systems, Tools and Strategies. Microsoft, Linux and VM Ware. Database. Storage Management Systems. Hosting Services Site. Technical Support Environment. Data Centre Management. Infrastructure Administration and Management. IT security. Capacity Planning and Resource Management. Strategy Formulation. Policy Review and Implementation. Budget and Finance Management. Risk & Issue management. Asset Management. People Management. Quality Assurance and Management. Technical advisory. Excellent ICT Project Management,
Qualification & Experience:
- 7 – 8 years practical experience in the respective field which should include: 3- 5 years Management experience in an IT environment.
- 3 year National Diploma / Degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science – at least NQF level 6 or a verified / certified alternative equivalent @ NQF Level 6.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A