Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
As a recognized authority in financial management and accounting solutions, covering financial planning and analysis, accounting and financial close, etc., the finance solution architect strategically advises and shapes requirements for financial solutions and creates high quality data, application and technology architectures in support of the business requirements and leads the realization of the design into the final solution implementation. Deep subject matter knowledge of general finance solutions including S/4 Hana and technical knowledge of SAP ERP architectures as applicable to the Retail business domain is essential.
- Define finance architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Perform quality assurance checks on finance architectures and designs and enforce quality compliance criteria to set policies and standards.
- Align to the enterprise data reference architecture in support of the enterprise and regulatory information governance needs such as Information Security, Enterprise
- Information Management, POPI, PCI, etc. Identify, define and communicate standards, guidelines, formats, meta-models, policies, best practices, and governance practices for finance architectures and designs.
- Ensure that the finance architecture approach integrates into the methodologies and processes of the rest of the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Stay abreast of best practices and / or new developments in finance and related disciplines and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
- Analyze business requirements and create related finance architectures and designs for the baseline (“as is”) and target (“to be”) solution architectures.
- Review proposed solution architectures ensuring alignment with architecture principles, the architecture framework, cloud reference architectures, set technology standards and identify critical gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Give guidance and advice to peers in respect to finance solution designs ensuring the designs conform to industry best practices and standards
- Perform quality checks on existing finance architectures and designs to identify potential business risks areas and make re-engineering recommendations.
- Ensure finance security conforms to Information Security Governance policies and standards.
- Architecture and solution design (UML, OO, SOA, etc.) desirable S/W frameworks and methodologies (Agile, TOGAF, etc.)
- Solid track record in successful delivery solution architecture
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and logical skills
- Excellent team-working, inter-personal skills
- Understanding of SAP Financial applications: SAP Finance, Controlling; S/4 HANA; SAP HANA; SAP BPC; GRC (Group Risk and Compliance)
- Understanding of financial solutions in a non-SAP environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar)
- 7 -10 yrs Working experience within the IT industry
- 5 – 10 years Working experience in SAP with at least 5 project lifecycles
- 5+ yrs Experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architecture, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC)
- 5+ years Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices.
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A