A Process Controller operates process equipment and systems for a specific plant / unit within the Sasol environment to achieve production requirements in a safe manner.
- Support the alignment of work (e.g. maintenance, Technical department Participate in resolution of performance problems
- Conduct safety Operation Control Systems (OCS) inspections, e.g. OSH, ISO 14001, 18000, 9001.
- Participate in potential deviation analysis (PDA, root cause analysis)(RCA and risk assessments)
- Handling of process chemicals Compilation of shift log
- Monitor and report on an emergency preparedness exercised Perform tasks on equipment as per signed off Career Guide Successfully complete permit training
- Participate in emergency preparedness exercise Perform routine inspection on safety equipment
- Apply SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure)
- Participate in incident / accident prevention Report all deviations
- Clean plant / ensure plant is cleaned
- Adherence to SHERQ standards (ISO, ASHAS and implemented)SHERQ processes Actively involved in behaviour based safety program on shift
- Adhere to permit to work procedure
- Perform level standby
- Perform effective shift handover
- Follow modified plant procedures after implementation Apply PSM standards (Process Safety Management) Participate in start up and shutdown
- Performing gas test for vessel entries and Hot work Mixing process chemicals
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- The underlying ability to execute a strategy/project or day to day work.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 years’ experience as a Process Controller (Must)
- Full N3 with Maths & Science & Business English or Grade 12 with Maths, Science & English
- Driver’s license (Code 8/10) (Must)
- 1 year + experience in a Chemical/Petrochemical Processing Environment)
- PC Gr 2 : NQF Level 2 Certificate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sasolburg, Free State, SA
Application Deadline: N/A