Sanlam Group Technology is responsible for the provision of a digitally enabled technology service as a group COE, drive business and transformation and provide group-wide digital and data architecture. We operate the various technology platforms and shared services, ensure Cyber and Information Security resilience, and act as technology governance and risk orchestrator for technology across Sanlam
- Ability to define a structured approach to problem solving and delivery against it.
- Creation of role specific design standards, patterns and principles
- Ability to create design standards, patterns and principles
- Engage with a wide range of technical stakeholders including data scientists, business analysts, data engineers, database administrators and solutions architects.
- Data management, development and modelling
- Mentor Junior Full Stack Developers
- Database technologies (e.g. SAP Hana, Teradata or similar) and database development (Views, Functions and Stored Procedure development)
- Data warehousing (Kimball and Data Vault patterns are preferred) and dimensional data modelling (OLAP and MDX experience)
- Hadoop components including HDFS, Hive, Spark, Oozie and Impala
- ETL tools (e.g. SAP Data Services)
- Object-oriented/object functional scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala or related.
- Event/Streaming based data pipelines (e.g. Kafka or Nifi)
Qualification & Experience:
- Application and data engineering background with a solid background in SQL is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Engineering or another quantitative field / National Diploma in an Information Technology related discipline preferred
- Data architecture design and delivery experience preferred
- 3- 8 years related experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A