The Africa International Development Chief Operating Officer will support the Africa ID Lead on building the Africa ID practice in pursuit of the FY2022-24 Strategy. In effect to deliver an opportunity focused practice, built on a culture of collaboration developed through a community of solvers who are enable through technology. This team will be connected to our clients, our Africa territory and the global network to ensure both the delivery of sustained impacts and accelerated growth
- Under the guidance of the ID Africa Lead, construct and institutionalize governance structures that define the terms of engagement of doing ID business in Africa and drive optimized outcomes by working with market leaders to remove risk and process barriers to success. To deliver a compliance and quality led Africa ID practice.
- Build strategic partnerships across the continent
- Work closely with the PwC Africa ID Leader to drive the vision and strategy for making “In Africa, for Africa and by Africa” in International Development a reality by 2024
- Oversee business development on LTIP deal creation between network firms that delivers optimal technical and commercial outcomes. Manage senior leadership conversations between network firms to construct commercial deals that reflect level of effort, contributions and expertise provided from positioning, bid preparation, inception and delivery phases.
- Build the core Africa ID team in key strategic locations across the continent
- Ensure commercial performance of the Africa ID practice including P&L and KPI’s
- Under the guidance of the ID Africa Lead, lead on the delivery of the Africa ID Strategy for FY22-24. Build and grow the team in accordance with revenue expectations and capability gaps as outlined in the proposed team structure for FY23-24.
- Oversee and ensure quality and commercial delivery of LTIPs through the Programme Management Office (PMO).
Qualification & Experience:
- 15+ years of experience in international development
- Strong regional Africa experience as well as extensive experience in managing and implementing complex, multi-year, multi-million dollar programmes, demonstrated strategic capabilities and execution at C-suite level,
- Extensive networks with donors and key stakeholders within ID
- A Masters or equivalent degree in the field of International Development
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A