The incumbent will be responsible in collaboration with hospital case management teams, for liaising between the patients, treating clinicians and managed care organisations in order to provide clinical coding that is updated in accordance with the patient response to treatment in order to receive reimbursement from funders.
- Read and analyse records from all available digital and other resources for accurate and appropriate coding that reflects the relevant medical history and care the patient received as well as the response to treatment.
- Application of clinical and coding knowledge to effectively assign and sequence all ICD 10 and CPT codes for services rendered for each patient event.
- Identify discrepancies, potential quality of care and billing issues.
- Assist with the training of staff with regard to ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Engage with all allied service providers to clarify information to ensure complete ICD 10 and CPT coding on each case is achieved.
- Review of PMB queries and recommendations for action.
- Provide support to the hospital billing department.
- Work with billing departments to achieve clinical coding excellence on all patient files.
- Communicate with funders about clinical coding errors and disputes.
- Multi-disciplinary clinical experience and knowledge of medical terminology
- Attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to travel.
- CPT coding and an understanding of coding standards
- Excellent communication skills.
- ICD 10 coding and an understanding of coding standards.
- Ability to work extended hours
Qualification & Experience:
- Certificate in Advanced ICD 10 Coding
- Intermediate computer proficiency.
- Completed the Netcare Skills Assessment as a certified intermediate ICD 10 Coder, with a score of >85%
- Min of 3 years’ experience in Clinical Coding and or Case management in a hospital environment
- Nursing qualification or equivalent at a minimum NQF level 4 within healthcare sciences.
- Verified Intermediate Coder Qualification.
- SANC registration or registration with a relevant professional body.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A