The Case Manager utilising clinical knowledge and expertise, mitigates financial risk through comprehensive accurate coding of hospital events; as well as the justification of hospitalisation encompassing level of care and length of stay
- Control costs for patients.
- Supply all details regarding patient’s history, etc. to clinical partners.
- Assist with case management of all medical aid patients
- Consult with all service suppliers regarding treatment and phone for patients.
- Accompany Managed Care Organisation Case Managers on ward rounds.
- Facilitate with transfer of patients to Rehab or step down facilities.
- Assist with final authorisation of patient files.
- Provide appropriate clinical information to Medical aids.
- Code all patients with ICD10 and CPT4 codes.
- Update all relevant details on Adclin Info.
- Intensive Care Nursing experience an advantage
- Experience in ICD 10 and CPT 4 coding
- General administrative skills
- Computer literate
- Hospital or Medical Scheme Case Management an advantage
- Minimum 3 years nursing experience in a multidisciplinary hospital environment
Qualification & Experience:
- B Degree/Diploma Nursing qualification or equivalent NQF level 6.
- Qualification in associated Healthcare sciences or Managed care/ Case management.
- Enrolled nursing qualification or equivalent NQF level 4.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A