The Medical Equipment Maintainer is responsible for fulfilling the function of fault finding and problem solving of medical equipment under general control of the Clinical Engineering Technician (CET) as well as coordination of medical equipment functions and documentation.
- Perform maintenance tasks as stipulated in “Equipment Type Skills Assessment TGL v1.1”.
- Conduct inspection, fault finding and problem resolution of devices, equipment and appliances.
- Problem solving of medical equipment, limited to finger faults and replacing of faulty accessories, under general control of the CET.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests and troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions.
- Responsible for executing and monitoring the movement of equipment to and from departments.
- Conduct preventive maintenance planning and implementation, according to Company Policy and Procedures, as determined from time-to-time.
- Self- checks and functional testing of ICU and Theatre equipment after discharge of patients from the hospital.
- Ensure installation and maintenance of any facility equipment.
- Intermediate computer literacy in MS Office and SAP PM
- Computer literate in MS Office suite
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the maintenance and management of medical equipment in a hospital environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 at NQF level 4 or equivalent, plus an N6 Instrumentation Qualification via a recognised institution.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A