Netcare Education KZN Campus, currently has a vacancy for a Campus Based Academic Staff. The incumbent will be required to educate and facilitate theoretical training of basic and post basic nursing students.
- Theoretical education and training including fostering theory application to practice.
- Research application.
- Evaluation and assessment of student progress.
- Student management and support.
- Developing programmes and managing continuous professional development of all nurses rendering a service to Netcare.
- Being responsible for assisting with education and training of students and administrative processes involved in nursing education and training, including facilitated practical activities.
- Personal competencies.
- Professional role modelling.
- Promoting collaboration.
- General administration/record keeping.
- Apply relevant training standards, legislation, policies and regulations.
- Computer Proficiency: MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Own Transport and Driver’s License.
- Portfolio of evidence of multiple teaching and facilitation methods and visual aids used / examples of technology in the class room utilised as teaching and facilitation methods
Qualification & Experience:
- A Master’s degree in a Clinical Specialty/ Education will be advantageous or a
- Moderator unit standard to be successfully completed and registered with SANC within the first year of employment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Proof of current registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Registered Nurse and Midwife with an additional qualification
- Nursing Education qualification. Such registration should be maintained.
- Assessor unit standard successfully completed and registered with SANC.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an academic environment.
- Additional qualifications in Psychiatric Nursing, and Community Health Nursing or Primary Healthcare.
- Commitment to commence further studies towards achieving a Master’s Degree within 2 (two) years of commencement of employment at
- Netcare and complete qualification within the prescribed academic period.
- Assessor and / or Moderator unit standard trained – to comply within first 6 months of commencement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A