The Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary will be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients and will function under the direct and/ or indirect supervision of the Registered Nurse. This includes caring for the patient, his possessions, documentation and the control and economical use of stock and equipment in the ward.
- Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards.
- Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
- Report potential/actual risks identified
- Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment
- Report equipment needing repair or replacement to sister-in-charge
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Practice patient care according to his/her Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities
- Execute all procedures according to hospital standards
- Carry out all departmental related duties as assigned by Supervisors
- Practice the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions
- Relevant experience in the nursing discipline
Qualification & Experience:
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- Compliance with the SANC code for an Enrolled Nursing Auxiliary and all applicable Health Care Legislations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, Johannesburg, 2092, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A