Support & advise the Factory Management team in all aspects of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) with a strong focus on implementing Market-level initiatives, including developing & driving site initiatives leading to continuous improvement in SHE performance in line with the Nestlé Continuous Excellence mindset of zero accidents and incidents; and compliance to Nestlé and relevant legal requirements
- Ensure that SHE incident investigations are conducted, the root causes are identified, and the follow-up actions are completed. Advise Management about preventive and corrective measures.
- Assist the Factory Engineer with the establishment of the SHE related investment and operational budgets for the site.
- Establish the different specialized safety related teams (Fire and Evacuation Team, First Aid teams, Hazmat, Risk Assessment teams and Crisis Committees) as required to respond to particular issues.
- Direct and co-ordinate the development and implementation of the sites’s SHE strategy & program. Recommend factory SHE objectives considering Market and Corporate objectives. Monitor and communicate on performance to improve decision making regarding SHE and to integrate SHE into business decisions.
- Ensure that the site’s SHE risks are identified and assessed as the Risk Assessment Team leader, and assist in establishing the necessary mitigation or contingency plans.
- Implement, control, maintain and improve the Site SHE Management systems including achieving and maintaining ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 certification. Support this through developing and implementing specific plans, tools and initiatives as part of the Factory’s SHE program as well as exercising functional leadership of the TPM SHE pillar.
Qualification & Experience:
- SAMTRAC (Safety and Management Training Course) – Integrated SHE System
- NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Five (5) years experience industrial SHE management.
- BTech in Safety or Environmental Management or Engineering
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A