Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Unit Manager for the ICU Ward based at Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital reporting to the Nadia Yusuf, Nurse Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct
- MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialisation, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Basic understanding of labor legislation, financial and chain management principles
- Current registration with SANC
- Proven leadership and people management skill would be an advantage
- Certified Post Basic Qualification in Critical Care Nursing is essential
- Computer proficiency
- Degree or Diploma in nursing
- At least two years’ experience in a management role or Acting
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Relevant experience in nursing to meet the critical outputs
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A