Website Life Healthcare
A challenging position for a permanent Rehab Admissions Consultant exists at the 15-bed Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation unit (Gauteng). Reporting to the Rehabilitation Unit Manager, the Rehabilitation Admissions Consultant will be expected to engage with all internal and external stakeholders to create awareness, market the unit, assess patients referred for Rehabilitation and arrange admission of patients to the unit, case management and liaison with funders and more. This position may be considered with the Therapy Services Coordinator position (4/8). Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation Unit is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare. This position reports to Mrs Ntokozo Tladi, The Rehabilitation Unit Manager.
- Maintain a referral and stakeholder data base
- Build positive relationships with referring doctors, nursing staff and funders.
- Coordinate CPD events and special events and celebratory days
- Develop a marketing strategy for rehabilitation applicable to the catchment area, referral base and funders.
- Implement the marketing strategy to promote and maintain a strategic relationship with all key internal and external stake holders
- Coordinate internal and external communication
- Liaise with funders to obtain authorization for admissions and ongoing case management during patient stay.
- Manage the rehab accounts and credit risk
- Communicate effectively with the rehab team, funders and referring colleagues, patients and their families during the patients stay at the rehabilitation unit.
- Promote and grow new business and participate in the implementation of new products
- Travel and conduct patient assessment at acute hospital or home and coordinate rehab admission for all for all patient referrals
- Computer Literacy very essential
- Excellent organisational skills essential
- Knowledge of accounts management essential
- ICD10 Coding /CPT trained would be an advantage
- Ability to liaise and build good working relationships (especially with referring specialists and hospitals)
- Clinical experience in neurology, neurosurgery or rehabilitation would be an advantage
- Experience in hospital Case Management a requirement
- Registered Nurse
- Current registration with SANC
- Knowledge of the hospital industry and experience with Managed Care Organisation, Medical Aids and Impilo
- Own transport and valid drivers’ license
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Springs, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A