Website University of Cape Town
The Libraries seeks to appoint a Librarian at PC 10 to the post of Librarian: Hiddingh Hall, in Research and Learning Services. The primary purpose of the post is to provide an innovative, dynamic and collaborative library service to the academic enterprise in the Departments of Fine Art and Drama.
- Proposing innovative services and responding to changes in users’ information needs in a timely manner.
- Providing instruction and training in the use of information resources and patterns of research in a discipline or subject area.
- Participating in projects, both individual and collaborative in scope, identifying ways to improve, extend, and integrate the Libraries’ services
- Instructing/training/advising researchers in the use of bibliometric tools, developing research data management plans and systematic reviews.
- Collaborating with academics to support teaching and learning.
- Providing an array of information services to library users, including general and subject-specific services, with differentiated services to researchers, postgraduates, and undergraduates.
- Using the most appropriate tools to engage users, adopting international best practice, technological and educational developments which integrate library services into the overall academic and student experience.
- Providing detailed research landscape analysis services to postgraduates and researchers.
- Providing support and education in scholarly communication processes.
- Providing support and up-skilling users in use of reference management software.
- A high level of subject knowledge would be a strong recommendation.
- Appropriate library qualification at NQF Level 8. (PG Diploma or Honours degree or 4 Year Bachelor’s degree at NQF 8) and,
- Management experience.
- 2 years appropriate experience in an academic library.
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A