Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls (The Academy) is a world class educational platform for girls which is aimed at nurturing a new generation of dynamic women leaders. This residential boarding school is situated in Meyerton, Gauteng Province with just over 300 students enrolled in Grades 8 -12. Grade 12 Students write the Independent Examination Board (I.E.B.) NSC Examination.
- Take a leading role in managing and coordinating the department.
- Monitor the quality of teaching and learning in the department.
- Implement performance management in the department.
- Represent the Academy on departmental professional committees and associations.
- Ensure the implementation of GDE and IEB policies that relate to the department.
- Manage all aspects of human resources in the department.
- Provide curriculum leadership for the department.
- Approve departmental work plans.
- Approve departmental professional development programmes.
- Liaise with the GDE District Office and Head Office curriculum specialists as well as with the IEB Subject Assessment Specialist and the allocated cluster group.
- Good organisational skills.
- Leadership and Management modelling skills.
- Highly developed and effective administration skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- An ability to create a positive learning environment.
- A willingness to participate in the broader life of the Academy and to contribute positively to the ethos of the school.
- A demonstrated capacity to work effectively in teams.
- Ability to plan, organise and direct programmes.
- A commitment to personal growth and the development of others.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of either NCS/CAPS is essential.
- Proven experience in teaching Physical Sciences from Grade 8 – 12 and an ability/ willingness to teach any of the Sciences subjects.
- Experience in managing a team would serve as an added advantage.
- A B.Ed Honours degree in Management / Curriculum Studies and or Science education would be an added advantage.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant degree specialisation in Physical Science education and proof of registration with SACE.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Meyerton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A