Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Mathematics teacher to teach Grades 10 to 12 in the College and to act as Head of Department. The ideal candidate will be a specialist Mathematics teacher who is well entrenched in the IEB environment, and has a proven and successful track record in teaching Mathematics at Grade 12 level. A collaborative and progressive management style is also an asset to lead a dynamic team of Mathematics teachers. Experience with teaching AP Maths will be an advantage but is not a requirement.
- Build and manage symbiotic relationships with parents and other strategic partners of the Senior College, including the staff and leadership bodies of the Pre-Primary and Junior Colleges.
- Use statistical data, alongside the application of industry best practice to produce an industry leading classroom product, as part of the Mathematics department.
- Manage the academic performance and preparation of the department, including staff development, resource management and curriculum review and quality control.
- Aspire to excellence in all matters related to curriculum, assessment and classroom dynamics, with 21st Century learning paradigms in mind.
- Uphold the ethos of mutual respect, professionalism and academic excellence in the Senior College.
- Contribute to, and participate in the co-curricular programme of the school.
- Contribute to the integrity and implementation of moderation processes and the relevant quality control systems in the Mathematics department.
- Remain connected to, and informed of all industry matters, particularly pertaining to ISASA and the IEB.
- Teach Mathematics at Grade 10 to 12 level.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boksburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A