Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
The incumbent should be extremely detail oriented, passionate about helping students succeed, well organised, and familiar with online learning management systems and data management. The ideal candidate should have a positive personality and growth mindset, excellent interpersonal skills, and an unbridled passion for – and commitment to – changing the world (yes, the world) through high-quality education.
- Mentoring, coaching, developing, and motivating the teachers in your team to enable them to facilitate transformative learning experiences.
- Using subject specifications to ensure that the quality of grading meets the required examination standards.
- Review holistic performance of students on a regular basis.
- Moderate the grading of all summative submissions.
- Facilitate and participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, clubs and student organisations.
- Develop assessments that are in line with UK standards.
- Engage in the systemic integration of scientific educational knowledge, didactics (or pedagogical content knowledge), and practice to enable teachers to enhance their pedagogical thinking, evidence-based decision making, and engagement in the professional community of educators.
- Using subject specifications to ensure that content meets the required examination standards, peer-review cycle tests and exam papers and determine the efficacy and suitability of content.
- Be the first line of escalation with students or guardians when it is related to your subject.
- Supplement the learning path with additional resources that support the teachers and students within your subject.
- Coordinate and facilitate Ad Hoc Live Sessions.
- Must be able to take initiative as well as self-audit.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to engage with students from diverse environments, cultures and communities.Knowledge and passion for the subject area.
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility.
- Inclusive and dedicated to developing all students.
- An international mindset.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively working with young people to promote their individual academic potential.
- Experience teaching a UK curriculum (Cambridge, Pearson EdExcel or OxfordAQA certifications) will be an advantage.
- Experience teaching international students would be advantageous. An international mindset is highly recommended due to the global audience of students that will form part of the school community. The ability to engage with students from various backgrounds and cultures is key to a successful teaching experience.
- Adept in a technological environment.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience at secondary school level, with either BEd or PGCE qualification.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A